DID YOU KNOW:
You have a purpose to make this world a better place?
Stop thinking of yourself as a victim! Prosper where you have been planted instead.
4 This is what the Lord of Heaven’s Armies, the God of Israel, says to all the captives he has exiled to Babylon from Jerusalem: 5 “Build homes, and plan to stay. Plant gardens, and eat the food they produce. 6 Marry and have children. Then find spouses for them so that you may have many grandchildren. Multiply! Do not dwindle away! 7 And work for the peace and prosperity of the city where I sent you into exile. Pray to the Lord for it, for its welfare will determine your welfare.”
Keep these peaceful tidbits in mind:
- Be kind to the poor but not at the expense of their dignity
- A real Christian challenges the status quo
- Our presence makes a difference and should permeate the world’s influence
- Pursue your dreams but don’t leave your values behind
- People need to be disciplined. This is what shapes our character!
- The more people hate you, the more you will identify with Christ
- The presence of believers presents light in a world of darkness & also serves as a preservation
- Let people see the Jesus in you
- We have to represent Jesus but we also have to “re” present him to the world (….so don’t hide from the world!)
- We are in this world but not of it
- Pray for the issues of the world because our prayers make the difference
- Our peace and prosperity are secure in Christ Jesus our Lord
With that said, go out and make a positive impact on your community !
Note: Scripture was taken from the New Living Translation (NLT) Version